This week, Bionic Advertising Systems unveiled a major advancement to its media planning software. With this new upgrade known as Media Plan Grid 2.0, Bionic adds 29 new media planning tools including a new compact media plan display, easier media plan navigation, batch edit, ad specs, targeting, and faster media planning.
Media Plan Makeover
Six months in the making, this was the most ambitious and significant makeover to the core media plan spreadsheet component in the history of Bionic’s media planning software. It involved a complete redesign that touched more than 10% of the overall software code base. In other words, a huge effort. The end result of all this work is a fresh new look and a solid foundation to support innovation for years to come.
Compact Media Plan Display
One of the problems with a standard spreadsheet design with a separate column for every data field – such as those you will find with Excel, Google Sheets, and others – is a lot of key information is not visible on the screen. Media plans typically require dozens of data fields and therefore dozens of columns with a traditional spreadsheet. As a result, you never can see everything on one screen. You spend a lot of time scrolling left and right.
With Bionic’s new media plan spreadsheet, all your key information is visible on a standard size 1920×1080 screen without scrolling. This is accomplished by employing a new 2-line screen design that enables you to see all your critical media planning information. This includes line number, placement name, placement ID, packaging, flighting, advertising program name, vendor name, advertising product name, targeting options, channel, ad unit, ad specs, start date, end date, monetary currency, rate, cost method, gross/net pricing, quantity, net media cost, and more.
Easy Media Plan Navigation
One of the nice features of Excel and other spreadsheets is the ability to freeze certain header rows and columns. Bionic now automatically freezes the column labels and row labels so you never lose your place in your media plan. You can also click on the row to highlight it while you are working on it.
Gather Ad Specs for Your Media Plan
Gathering and organizing ad specifications is one of the most unpleasant and time-consuming parts of the media planning process. With the new Bionic media planning software, your ad specifications will automatically flow into your media plan from your vendors and your advertising catalog.
Batch Edit Media Plan
A nice feature of Excel and other spreadsheets is the ability to update a bunch of lines all at once. This huge time-saving feature is missing from most media planning software. With the new Bionic media planning tool, you can now update a batch of placements all at once. Like Excel, it’s a huge time saver. Unlike Excel, Bionic ensures that your media plan data is coded properly and without errors.
Faster Media Planning
Unlike Excel, Bionic gives you type-ahead look-ups, placement data pre-fills, and dozens of built-in calculations. Collectively, these productivity tools speed the process of creating your media plan while eliminating the possibility of errors. With the latest upgrade, we’ve re-tooled the technical underpinnings of the media planning interface to give you all these productivity tools at blazing speeds. It’s been tested under the most extreme conditions with media plans containing thousands of placements. And it’s even faster on media plans with only dozens (or hundreds) of rows.
Other Media Planning Tools
Prior to this upgrade, the Bionic media planning software already included a plethora of advanced media planning tools, including:
- Centralized Media Planning – Gives you 24/7 access to the most current version of every media plan in your organization. See media plans in progress and past media plans completed.
- Controlled Media Planning – Restricts access to only those authorized to work on the advertiser account. Shows you the complete history of changes to any media plan including who made the change, when they made it, and what they changed. Gives you the ability to fall back to prior versions when mistakes are made.
- Organized Media Planning – Automatically organizes your media plans into advertiser accounts and hierarchies.
- Standardized Media Planning – Ensures consistent nomenclature, IDs, placement names, workflow, and data classification in your media plans.
- Flexible Media Planning – Enables you to extend the capability of your media plans with your own custom columns to meet the needs of your organization or for specific advertisers.
- Advertising Catalog – Gives you instant access to a searchable catalog of advertising program information, prices, inventory, and contacts. Eliminates the hassle of chasing down media kits and rate cards.
- RFPs and Proposals – Enables you to send and track Requests for Proposals (RFPs) to your vendors online and to receive proposals directly into your media plan.
- Advertising Flowcharts – Creates beautiful flowcharts with a click of a button.
- Media Plan Analysis – Examines your media plan from every angle to ensure proper allocations of your media budgets.
- PowerPoint – Generates comprehensive PowerPoint presentations with all the details of your media plan including dozens of slides and charts without the risk of transformation errors.
- Multi-Channel Media Planning – Enables you to plan 100% of your media budget across all media channels – including all traditional and digital media channels – in one unified interface.
- Multi-Currency Media Planning – Enables you to create your media plans in multiple monetary currencies. Handles all the currency exchanges and is fully compliant with tricky accounting rules.
- Global Media Planning – Centralizes the work of your media planning teams all around the world while limiting access by region.
- Media Authorizations – Generates media authorizations for client approval.
- Insertion Orders – Automatically bursts your media plan into an IO schedule for each vendor on your media plan.
- Ad Server Trafficking – Automatically creates error-free placements in your ad server
- Marketing Performance Management – Enables you to monitor the pacing of your performance against your plan. Alerts you to problems. Identifies optimization opportunities.
To Learn More about Bionic Media Planning Software
To learn more about the Bionic media planning software and to see a product demonstration, go to http://www.bionic-ads.com/planner/